Friday, February 27, 2015

Enneagram Music

Thought I'd try something a little different. Usually I talk about MBTI but Enneagram is pretty cool stuff too. So I'm gonna talk about that.

I'm not as well versed on Enneagram, but I think having a combo of Se (reality-based) and Fi (empathy) along with social/sexual instinct makes me particularly good at figuring out people's tl;dr's. I haven't studied MBTI for very long but people tell me I'm not too shabby at this stuff. It's cuz I've been observing people all my life. All this stuff just kinda categorizes what I already know.



Sidebar, I've met several people who don't like being boxed in. This strikes me as retarded. Whether you like it or not, you are definable, and you are predictable. The very fact that you don't like being boxed in tells me you have 4 in your tritype. People hate hearing they aren't special. 16 MBTI types x 2 subtypes x (18 Enneatypes x 12 Enneatypes x 6 Enneatypes)* x 6 instinctual variants = 248,832 basic personalities; 7 billion / 248,832 = ±28,000 people on the planet with your exact personality type. So yeah, you're not special.
*tritypes

Now that I got that out. This here's a list of songs that I think represent the sentiment behind all the Enneagram wings. These are all songs from my iTunes so none of them are shitty. Only the best for my ears.


Heart Triad

2w1 Needs to be a martyr.
Find Your Love - "I bet if I give all my love / Then nothing's gonna tear us apart"

2w3 Needs to be recognized for being needed.
Just A Friend - "I can be your fantasy / But you say I'm just a friend"

3w2 Needs everyone to see them succeed/look good, needs approval.
Look At Me Now - "Look at me now, look at me now / Oh, I'm getting paper"

3w4 Needs to succeed/look good by standing out from everyone else.
Rock Star - "You can't be me / I'm a rock star / I'm rhyming on the top of a cop car"

4w3 Needs to be better than others by being unique/special.
Only Girl (In The World) - "Want you to make me feel / Like I'm the only girl in the world"

4w5 Needs to figure out/define self separate from everyone else.
The Real Slim Shady - "I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady / All you other Slim Shadys are just imitating"


Head Triad

5w4 Needs to understand/define the world in terms of/in relation to themselves.
Love Is A Losing Game - "Though I battle blind / Love is a fate resigned"

5w6 Needs to understand how to operate (in) the outside world.
Function - "I'm out here tryna function, out here tryna function / Don't talk to me bitch if we ain't fuckin'"

6w5 Needs to know all risks and figure out the truth about any given situation.
Patiently Waiting - "If I get shot today my phone'll stop ringing again / These industry niggas ain't friends, they know how to pretend"

6w7 Needs to fit in, needs loyalty.
Only - "Bad bitches who I fuck with, mad bitches we don't fuck with"

7w6 Needs to experience new things with others.
Doses And Mimosas - "Crying when you're by yourself / Cause of what they think / About you / Makes time go slow"

7w8 Needs to get the most out of life on their terms.
Primadonna Girl - "All I ever wanted was the world / I can't help that I need it all"


Body Triad

8w7 Needs to aggressively take what they want.
Not For Long - "You will be mine / Even if you're somebody else's / But not for long"

8w9 Needs to prevent others from getting in the way of what they want.
All Me - "Came up, that's all me / Stay true, that's all me / No help, that's all me"

9w8 Needs to prevent others from disrupting their chill.
Day 'n' Nite - "He seems alive though he is feeling blue / The sun is shining man he's super cool"

9w1 Needs to live without conflict by being a good person.
Bad Religion - "'If it brings me to my knees / It's a bad religion"

1w9 Needs to figure out/live by what's right and wrong.
Only God Can Judge Me - "For instance say a playa hatin' mark is out to kill ya / Would you be wrong, for buckin' a nigga to the pavement?"

1w2 Needs to act like a saint.
I Would - "Yeah, it's not about what I want / It's all about what you need"

That's it. Just a little intro to another personality typing system. Hope you enjoyed my excellent taste in music. 'Til next time, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment