Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hot Guy MBTI: Matt Espinosa

You may have heard of Matthew Espinosa. More than likely, you have not. Matt is an internet celebrity who got famous on Vine and now lives in a fancy place in LA after dropping out of high school his senior year.

But I don't judge here at "pretty good blog". Matt meets the criteria for being on this blog: he is hot. And that's all that matters. Let us commence the typing.

Yes, he looks like Justin Bieber. I have a type. Back off.

Type:
ENFP

ENFP, also known as "The Inspirer". Check out his twitter feed and see if you agree:



Pretty inspiring, right? Or at least that's the intention. Notice the outlier here, at the top of the page. That is an example of


Ne

Ne is the "weird" function. What it does is connect ideas together very rapidly based on what it perceives in the outside world. So you tend to get these random outbursts that make no sense unless you too are an xNxP. It goes something like this:

Mom bought bagels -> I haven't had bagels in a long time -> I haven't thought about bagels in a long time either -> But why? Bagels are delicious -> Let us discuss -> "Bagels are underrated"*

*this happens to be in Matt's Twitter header

Ne types seem to hold the belief that everyone has this same random, rapid-fire thought process, and fully expect you to understand where they are coming from.


Ne's job is also to perceive what isn't currently there rather than what is (Se). To do this, it relies on Si, which is like a database of previous sensory experiences to compare to. ENxPs have Si as their last function so they don't tend to use it well. How this works in reality, I have no idea. But, combine Ne with

Fi

and you get an NF idealist. Fi, the values function, works with Ne to see what isn't there and what ideally could be. Make an extrovert out of these two functions and there you have your classic "Inspirer" personality.


ENFP can be confused with ESFP since both are naturally energetic and enthusiastic types. The difference lies in their thought processes. NPs are long-term thinkers, and SPs are short-term processors. ESFPs use their Fi to derive enjoyment from the world and share it with others. ENFPs uses Fi to make the world a better place overall. Yayyy.


Enneagram:

2w3 7w6 9w1 so/sx
279 - The Optimist. Caring, innovative and upbeat. Seeks peaceful, win - win situations, maintains cheerful attitude. sauce

I mostly added this because I wanted to add more pretty photos of Matt since he's so adorbs:


But. I do think he is a type 2w3. Matt is kind to a fault and not only would he not hurt a fly, he'd probably somehow find a way to coax it outside so it wouldn't get killed by someone else. He loves his fans to a fault. I'm also pretty sure about the so/sx part, just because type 2 in general is social, but also because of the relationship he has with his fans. He sees them as a group first (social) and as individuals second (sexual) (no, not sexy sex; one-on-one relationships).

Type 7 is pretty much a standard tritype component in ExxPs. He does seem a little flighty. I wanna say 7w6 because he seems to be pretty loyal to his best buddy Carter Reynolds, going so far as to get in a vicious tweet-fight with Carter's girlfriend after she dumped him. Eh, she was a ho anyway, we all saw it coming. Seriously, she goes by "Kitty". Anyway yeah, 6 often goes on the defense when someone swoops in on their circle. Gangster loyalty and all.

Finally, 9w1, because Matt seems like a pretty laid-back guy but he can be a bit hard on himself (see above link). Dat perfectionistic 1. 9w1 is known as the idealist so I'd say it fits.

Hooray! Another hot guy, typed. One last pic of Matt for the road:

1 comment: