Thursday, July 2, 2015

An Analysis of Ariana Grande

So I know me and Ariana haven't had the best relationship. I see her as this little Barbie doll who wants to be sexy but also a little girl at the same time. The only reason I don't like that is because that's my gig. I think we both have Peter Pan Syndrome.

I'm gonna explain Ariana's enneagram just for the hell of it. It's nowhere near being similar to mine, and she's a different MBTI than I am, yet I still relate to her. Goes to show even MBTI and enneagram combined can't explain everything.


Ariana's Enneagram

Somewhat similar to mine but in a different order:

3w4 8w9 7w8 so/sx (ESTP)

387 - The Achiever. Assertive, self motivated, expeditious. React immediately to any opposition, resist being controlled. source


Since I wasn't planning on doing any more of these posts I'll just keep this one as "neat" as possible. I have one more coming up after this and then I think I'll be done. Anyway. The following quotes are from these articles:


3w4

I like the idea of separating myself from my younger image in a gradual, authentic way – I don’t really feel comfortable doing something out of control to convey my maturity, because it doesn’t feel genuine to me. So I will convey sexiness and maturity in ways that I’m comfortable with, but that’s not my priority when it comes to the music. It just speaks for itself.

I love working. It makes me happy. When I have too much time off it makes me feel very weird.

I think that the idea of the American Dream, of success bringing happiness, is very superficial. I think that happiness comes from a different place. I feel like people have more to offer than just being really successful... but I do feel like everybody needs to keep trying, you know what I mean? I think that people need to try as hard as they can to achieve their happiness and their success, and I hope that they go hand-in-hand.

I’m a micromanaging workhorse. Absolutely an obsessive-compulsive workaholic.


8w9

Everything that I was terrified to try and was absolutely positive I would hate, I tried... I hated it at first... I was like no, no, no! Please just let me sing it how I would sing it.

[Madonna] is my idol as far as attitude. I just love how she stands up for what she believes in and surprises people by not eff-ing up when they want her to so badly.

When a bad review came out, [Madonna] was the first person to say ‘Fuck you.’ When someone said she sounded like Minnie Mouse, she crawled into bed naked except for Minnie Mouse ears. It’s such a good attitude to have. It’s inspiring to me because there are times when I think I’ve been a weak, people-pleasing little mouse my whole life.

That’s what I am learning right now, that I have to become stronger in this industry. I’ve learned over the past year that you don’t have time to chase after every person who doesn’t understand you.

7w8

I feel like if you try new things and you experiment and are constantly putting out music and you just do what feels good as long as it feels authentic, then all those things you can feel and you can reach as many people as you want. (also so/sx)


Ariana is a career girl above all, that much is clear. I say girl because let's face it, she isn't growing up into a woman's body anytime soon. I can't hate; I have the same problem.

3w4
Ariana talks a lot about image, success, and work, all very 3 topics. There's a reason why 3s and 3w4s in particular are so successful. It's in their programming. An unsuccessful 3 is a depressed 3 to say the least. You'll never find a 3w4 who doesn't want to talk about their work, especially in regards to how "authentic" it is (4). What it actually is, is an authentic version of some archetype that already exists. They don't bring too much new to the table but they can spot trends and latch onto them to rise up the career ladder. Most 3s are workaholics, because work (3) gives their life meaning (4). Happiness and success most definitely go hand in hand for them.


8w9
8w9 is the more passive 8. They want control but if someone higher up takes it away from them, they can let it slide much more easily than 8w7 who wants to conquer it all. Ariana admires the types who can do that, so she has some of it in her (we all have characteristics of our non-dominant wing) but she is too much of a 9 people pleaser to really let it out. Of course it could just be that she's young and easily taken advantage of, but then we see stars like Miley Cyrus who are her age and that theory falls flat.


7w8
There's not much evidence of Ariana being 7w8, but it's the only enneagram head type that fits so I'm gonna say she has it. 7w8 is the rockstar type, let me do what I want or else. There's not a whole lot of that in her interviews which is why it comes last. But pretty much every successful person in the music industry will have this in their tritype. 7 loves experimenting and trying new things. Finally, so/sx wants to please a crowd more than a collective group of individuals if that makes sense. They see people as a mass rather than a bunch of unique people with different goals/motivations. She wants to reach the mass audience more than she wants to send out any message with her personality, which is an sx/so thing.

Hypnosis: Illuminati confirmed

What's left to be said of Ariana. She's not going out of the spotlight anytime soon, she gets what she wants (you know she actually gets carried around like a baby by her bodyguards?), and she knows what she's doing. I gotta say I have a bit of a girl-crush on her. I mean come on, she looks almost perfect. You can't hate someone for looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment